Thursday, April 7, 2011

Out There

I am a skeptic.  That being said, I often ponder the possibility of things we cannot know.  This is going to sound like I am kind of out there, but I definitely have my moments when the unbelievable is suddenly pretty damned believable.  Things are not always what they seem, and sometimes the supernatural seems natural. 
                        
I sometimes think about psychic visions and ghosts and other mystical effects.  My first reaction is always an attempt to figure out how these things could be feasible.  There are hoaxes that make everything seemingly paranormal look like the stuff of fools.  The human mind has the power to invent imaginings.  Coincidences happen all the time.  Sometimes, we just see what we want to see or feel what we need to feel.    

I do wonder though.  Things do happen that do not make sense.  I myself have witnessed the nonsensical and have seen some things that would make me sound like a crazy person if I said them out loud.  Someone I know has an uncanny manner of dreaming things before they happen.  One of my close friends visits a woman who claims to have clairvoyant abilities, and she has been happy with the results of those interactions.  Loved ones have experienced seeming divine interventions.  Déjà vu happens to the best of us.  Yes, all of those things could definitely be our minds playing tricks on us, but what if it is real?    

There are things that we cannot understand with our underused and fairly unimaginative brains.  We are all energy, and maybe it is possible that we can interact with other energies on some profoundly unfathomable level.  There are other dimensions which exist, and who are we to know what is or is not possible within them?  We cannot comprehend all that is out there.

And maybe I am a little bit out there, but sometimes I wonder if it could all be real. 



No comments: