Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bad Mood


Sometimes I am just not in the mood.  I am not talking about sex, I’m talking about life.  I am not in the mood to deal with one more problem.  I am not in the mood to handle one more situation.  I am not in the mood to let some jerk’s snide comment slide off.  What I am in the mood for is either a nap or a fight.  When my mood is angry, I will not be sleeping, so look out.

Whenever I get into one of these moods I try to keep it in check by remembering everything that I have to be grateful for, because honestly, I have a pretty great life.  Even so, sometimes I just let the little things build up until they become one big, bad mood.

Some people like to pretend that they are eternally happy.  I call bullshit.  There is no possible way that they can really get through every single day of their lives with a chipper little attitude and never get frustrated at other people, at circumstances, or at themselves.  The only possible ways someone could be constantly happy is if they were to forgo the ability to think or to be heavily medicated.

I prefer to think now and then.  Also, I am generally against overmedicating people for bad moods, so that does not help me much either. 

I usually laugh a lot.  In fact, people tend to point out that I am giggly.  I often find humor where others do not, so I probably laugh more than is actually acceptable.  But I have also been called “oversensitive”, and I admit it, I am.  So what?  Is there really something wrong with having moods?  I don’t think so.  Should people have to feel bad for sometimes feeling bad?  No way.  But sometimes I let my moods control me, and that is what I really don’t like.  It is something I need to work on about myself. 

The thing is, sometimes there is not one specific thing that is making me irritable, so I cannot change any one thing and make it all better.  So, I do the lucky-me-look-at-my-life-list once again, and then I wait for my crabby attitude to pass. 

Lucky for me, the bad moods never last incredibly long.  Soon I will be laughing again. 

For the moment, I’ll just be a grouch.  Sue me. 
 

2 comments:

Ivan D said...

I joined your site yesterday. I think it's the humorous way you seem to see life, that is a lot like my own, that got me here.
That's what seems to get me through all the goofy crud I find in day to day life.
At times I too let some of it get me down. So yah, I throw a little pity party. Get it out and then go on.
As I'm getting older I find tho that I can no longer keep my mouth shut when someone P's me off. Now that gets interesting... : )

Naughty Mom said...

Nice to meet you, Ivan. I have been getting in trouble for not keeping quiet my whole life...now I have this outlet for it. ;) Take care.