Thursday, February 3, 2011

Push Me

I am still a woman.  The fact that I am a loving, nurturing caretaker does not take away from that.  Yes, I became a mother.  Yes, my responsibilities multiplied beyond even my own expectations.  Yes, I still want to be pushed against a wall and kissed madly.

Adore me.  Make me feel as if it hasn’t been years since we met.  Hold my hand in public.  Look at me across a room and wink when no one else is looking.  Hold my face in your hands when you kiss me.  Lay my head in your lap, stroke my hair, and look into my eyes.

Talk to me about something else.  Sure, we can do the whole Krameresque spiel about our days.  “How was your day?"  That’s fine, but then I’m going to need you to stimulate my…mind.  Talk to me about something beyond a complacent us.  It barely matters what that something is.

I do want to hear what you think about spiritually.  I do want to know what you imagine yourself doing in five years, because it has probably changed since the last time you told me.  I do want to hear your thoughts on that book you just finished.  I do want to know if you have a fantasy, because I may want to bring it to fruition.  I will even listen to you talk about sports, as long as you include a human element of some sort.  So share.  It doesn’t even have to be much.  It just has to be something beyond us, beyond the children, and beyond the baby talk.  

When I talk about what I think, I want you to hear me.  See me, talk to me, hear me.  Remind me that I am not invisible.

I need it.  Giving everything that I have mind, body, and soul to my family can be daunting to say the least.  It is much too easy for a mother to lose herself.  It is much too easy to drift into the realm of mundane every-day-like-the-next life.  Mothers are still women.  We are still desirable.  Adore me, and experience the amazing reciprocation that comes from it.  I’ll make it worth your while.

I suppose that it is possible that some of us moms are content with becoming matronly, invisible, anticlimactic drones. 

The rest of us want to be pushed up against a wall now and then. 


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing debut! I knew you'd be a great writer, but this.... evocative, emotive... and a little naughty. Can't wait for more!

Amy said...

Simply Awesome. I don't think it's too much to ask to be a little romanced. Most men don't get this at all. At least I haven't found one yet. If I did, I would probably run far far away with him. ;)

Lya Lins said...

As I told u, here comes my truth:

Not only it's great writing, but SERIOUSLY brave of u... I mean, to have the guts to put a face to those feelings... Congrats! Hope u keep it up...

Sandi said...

you just put my thoughts into words. are you inside of mu head again?????
awesome first post!

Unknown said...

Love it, Alicia!!! Great thoughts and great writing!! Keep bringing it!!

Marcia said...

AMEN SISTA!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Alicia! It is great!!!

Amber said...

thanks for having the courage to say what all us moms are really thinking!

Unknown said...

Alicia...I am blown away by your writing! You are an amazing woman! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Awesome! beautifully written. Can't wait for your next post.

Anonymous said...

I love the genuine look into your mind and heart Alicia-- so much more pithy and substantial than your Facebook comments. You might be able to encourage everyone if you let a little of THIS slip into your Facebook world. You are brave, amazing and a brilliant writer. Keep it up.

Sevyn (Al) said...

Brava, my beautiful friend...

On a separate note, I can only hope to someday find a woman who truly appreciates a man who treats her like the princess, equal, partner, lover, friend and woman she is; just as you describe. :-)

Ladykl said...

Well stated. You put into words the feelings of many women.

Anonymous said...

I have thought about this post ever since it was originally posted. To be pushed against a wall and kissed with such depth of passion, desire, needing and longing is a soul changing experience and yet to return the same intense kiss says something more. At that point it is far more then human nature, it is the true combining of two souls. Two souls who have been searching for each other and have finally connected. It is something that will stay with you forever, it will change you in a way nothing else has with the exception of possibly the love you feel for your children or the immense pain you feel from the loss of a loved one. What happens though when that kiss is not from your partner, your husband, or your wife? What happens when it comes from a stranger. When the other soul you've been searching for walks into a room and you are immediately drawn to each other. You know it is the soul you've been searching for in your dreams, both consciously and subconsciously. You feel them, you breath them, you taste them, you consume them and they you without even so much as a physical touch but by just being? What happens when you resist, you go about your busy life with your job, family, school, whatever your life entails. You never forget this person they are permanently etched on your soul, though nothing physically passed between you. Years later you meet again in a busy public place. When that person turns to you and gives you that kiss. The kiss that will rock your soul, turn you into molten liquid, the one that permanently connects your two souls together in front of all the world and God to see. What then do you do? You go back to your busy life and try to put that connection behind you, but it won’t be forgotten, it will forever haunt your dreams until the next time.

Ivan D said...

Hi Alicia, after reading your comment on my post "She's Tired Too", I had to come over and reread this. You are 100% right!
I'm going to leave a link to your post in my follow up comment and I hope you won't mind.
I sure hope you will keep writing things like this. Many of us guys who do care, really don't quite get it.
That is what got me to become a blogger.
I also read the last Anonymous comment here before mine. It is sad that a woman would even have to wonder about things like that. Really most guys are lost. They just don't know. Then when they ask they hear, "you should know"! "If you loved me you would know!" And the likes of that.
There is no healing in that. But just maybe writings like this will help enlighten them. Even one... That could lead to some new locker room or coffee pot talk that hopefully could spread.
But on the other hand, a lot of guys feel like this too...
Both sides need some help or a little push in the right direction.
Guess this is just some of the stuff mom, dad, or the education system can't find a way to teach. So we're left to our own ideas which fall way to short.